So, it’s been over a month since the first of the year.
You’ve made some resolutions.
You said that this year was going to be your best year ever.
You vowed that you were going to maintain a positive attitude regardless of what happens.
Then life happens and some things get you depressed. You start posting your frustrations on social media. You want people to feel sorry for you.
Well girlfriend, negativity sucks—not just for you, but for everyone around you.
So, I wanted to share a couple of tips to help you when the world seems to crash and burn around you.
- Get up from your desk and take a 10-minute “Thank You” walk.
- Mention 2 or 3 things you are thankful for today.
- Eat a healthy snack—
- fruits, veggies, snack bar!
- Stay away from “energy vampires”.
- When you hear someone gossiping—walk away. When you hear someone complaining all the time—walk away. When you hear someone talk about things YOU can do nothing about—walk away.
- Look for an opportunity to “serve” someone who might be less fortunate or needs your help.
- Implement something.
- It could be the first steps of a project or a marketing strategy. It could be making a phone call. Scheduling an appointment you have delayed in setting up. DO SOMETHING positive.
- Trust that things happen for a reason.
- Expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
- Smile and laugh.
- Seek out friends who are funny. Attend a comedy movie. Read a humorous book. They are natural antidepressants.
Share something you do to stay positive!
You can read our other interesting article here.