Writing a Letter to Your Future Self
Writing a letter to your future self.
Why would you want to do that?
After all, you ask – How the heck can I predict the future?
I’m here to tell you that while you can’t predict the future, you can CONTROL your future.
And, writing yourself a letter may help you set the stage for your success for years to come.
Here’s a short outline of what you might write about when you address the letter to YOU:
- What are you willing to do to be healthy?
- What does happiness mean to you?
- How much money is enough?
- What matters most in your life?
- What are one or two goals that you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
- How can you make a difference? (Family, friends, business, the world)
When writing your letter, it’s also important to determine your “why”. Why you want to do what you want to do. For example, you decide that to be healthy, you need to lose some weight and quit eating food with sugar. Why? Because you want to live long enough to see your children/grandchildren grow up.
Have you ever written a letter like this to yourself?