Things I Have Regretted When I Was in the Mortgage Business
So, this just happened to me—I started to reflect on some of the things that I regretted doing when I was in the mortgage business.
But (and it’s a big but), I realize that each of these regrets was also a learning experience – meaning that once I recognized the problem, I changed my routines, lost weight, and made some major changes in my life.
The key word here is “recognize”!
While I don’t want you to become a Negative Nancy, you might want to write down some of the things you have regretted in the past and then determine what you can do to change things.
So, here is my list:
- When I was pregnant, my husband attended Lamaze classes alone because I was busy taking loan applications.
- Underwriting files during my daughter’s softball games
- Leaving my children stranded at school because I forgot to pick them up
- Coming home at 8 pm from the office one Christmas eve
- Not having dinner with my family on a regular basis
- Gaining 40 pounds eating junk food
- Lack of sleep. Staying up until 1 am setting up files
- Not starting a database sooner
- Being a control freak and not hiring a team sooner
- Not getting rid of toxic real estate agents sooner
- Not saving for retirement earlier in my career
I just felt compelled to share these with you in hopes that you don’t have the same regrets that I had.
What regrets do you have…so we can all learn from one another!