Some People Want You to Fail
Over my careers as a purchasing agent, mortgage company owner, real estate investor and online information provider, I’ve had people tell me that it couldn’t be done.
When I decided to start a mortgage company, I distinctly remember someone asking me, “How are you going to support your family if you fail?” Another person told me that I would be bankrupt in 6 months!
I started to doubt myself and my decisions.
“Hey sista…who do you think you are?”
So, I’ll ask you – is there something you’ve always wanted to implement within your mortgage business?
Like try a new mortgage niche?
Get your foot in the door with an awesome real estate agent?
Hire an assistant.
Take a sabbatical.
Social Media. Blog. Website.
What I’ve come to realize is that there are a handful of people out there who want you to fail! But, there are even more people who want you (and will help you) to succeed! Here’s my two cents worth of advice:
- Do it anyway. Your supporters will be happy for you.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. It shows you have character.
- Be passionate. If you help people solve a problem in their lives, you don’t need anyone’s approval.
- Fake it till you make it. You’ll be scared, but after a while, the fear will go away, to be replaced with confidence.
- Don’t go it alone. There are a ton of resources out there, including other mortgage girlfriends who are more than willing to help you out.
So, let’s change the question to…”What the heck do YOU want to do?”