How NOT to Sell Like a Girl
Let’s face it. Women are stereotyped. We are judged by our clothing. Our hair and makeup. By the way we handle ourselves professionally.
In sales, there are certain things that women should be conscious of if they want to be perceived as “professional”.
- When you talk, try to stay away from using a “high-pitched” voice
- When traveling for business, don’t carry too much luggage
- Don’t get into cat fights with other women (in meetings)
- Don’t gossip
- Don’t dress provocatively
- Don’t play the “ditzy woman” game
- Don’t try to act like a man
- Don’t be a male basher
To quote Forrest Gump, “That’s all I have to say about that.”