Why Can’t That Be Me?
You walk into the office and you see that Mary Loan Officer has added another loan on the leader board (so to speak).
It’s easy to say to yourself, “Why can’t that be me?”
Well, the reason is—you are NOT Mary Loan Officer!
But here’s the deal!
Before you go about comparing yourself to other loan officers, ask yourself these questions:
- What’s unique and different about me?
- Do I really want to work that hard?
- Would I rather have more personal time?
Maybe the niche that Mary Loan Officer is cultivating is not for you!
- What niche would choose if you could not fail?
How much business she brings in does not impact how you should be running your business!
- You are your own mini-company within a larger company, so consider running your business the way you would if you owned the company.
How much money do you need to make?
- What would you do if you could make more money?
- What additional expenses would you incur if you did more business and had to hire an assistant?
- How much is “enough” money?
Yes, it’s easy to look at a superstar originator and say to yourself, “Why can’t I do the same amount of business she is doing?”
The answer: Because YOU are YOU!