What Your Parents May Have Taught You—but Perhaps You Forget to Remember
1. When someone tells you a secret — keep it.
2. Just because you CAN — doesn’t mean you SHOULD.
3. Don’t get upset with people — they are powerless without your reaction.
4. It’s never too late — to give an apology.
5. Don’t REPLY when you are angry.
6. Don’t DECIDE when you are sad.
7. If you’ve made your point — shut up.
8. Admit it — if you are wrong.
9. Forgive yourself — for your mistakes.
10. Be a good listener — don’t just wait for your turn to talk.
11. Keep your WORD.
12. You are what you do — not what you say.
What advice did you get from your mother or father?