Me and My Shadow!
I recently viewed a video with Tim Braheem on the topic of “shadowing”.
What is shadowing?
It’s about training your clone—someone who represents YOU—the exact same way YOU would do business!
It’s simple—but you must commit to the time it takes to train that person.
1. Commit to training for 60 days.
2. Pay that person a salary for 60 days.
3. Start at 9 a.m. every morning.
4. Commit to 60-minute time periods.
5. They shadow you for 50 minutes. They say nothing—just watch, listen and take notes.
6. The next 10 minutes (out of the 60 minutes), they ask you questions.
7. Start over again—shadowing you for the next 3 hours. (50 minutes/10 minutes)
8. They take 30 to 45 minutes to write detailed notes.
9. You spend 15 minutes listening to their perception of what you did and how you did it, and make corrections to their observations.
10. Start the afternoon session.
11. After 30 days, assign tasks for them to handle. Observe and teach.
12. After 60 days, you will determine a pay structure based on tasks they can take off your plate.
I know. I know.
60 days is a long time to commit.
You have to be in the mindset of trusting someone else and not being a control freak.
However, you will know (or have a good idea) if the person is going to be able to represent YOU!
But, here are the benefits!
You will have more time to work on your business and generate leads.
You will have confidence that your clone is handling the business the way you would handle it.
You will be more productive during that time period because you will concentrate on the training/tasks—which may also alter how you run your business in the future.
You will have more time for family, friends and vacations.
You will streamline your business and close more loans.
Have you done shadowing training like this before?