Do You Consider Yourself Successful?
There are times when you are High-Fiving yourself.
And, there are times that you are so down in the dumps that you want to move to Sri Lanka!
Success means different things to different people, but I wanted to share some tips from an Olympic athlete on what she has done to achieve her goals and FEEL successful
- Focus on commitment. How committed are you to reaching your goal? Your motivation to achieve will follow.
- Seek knowledge—not results. Learn all you can along the way and use that knowledge to improve your results.
- Make success fun. Being too serious will create emotional weight on your shoulders.
- Get out of your comfort zone.
- Get rid of negative thoughts. Say positive affirmations every day.
- Don’t wait for the perfect timing. Take the first step and do something even if you are afraid.
- Get rid of distractions. They will always be there. Write out your list of time-wasters so you can visualize where you are spending your time.
- Don’t rely on others. Only you can make yourself happy, and only you can achieve your goals.
- Protect yourself from burnout. When you become super-motivated, you may find yourself getting tired or losing interest in your goal. Take a vacation. Do something fun. Give your body and mind a rest.