Are You Willing to Adapt to the Coming Changes to Your Mortgage Business?
This pandemic will have a profound effect on the way you conduct your mortgage business.
But, if there is one thing that I know for sure…
…mortgage loan officers are PROGRAMMED to adapt to change!
Rule changes. Overlays. Bond market fluctuations. Changing technology. It’s an everyday thing.
So, I’d encourage you to realize that it’s not “business as usual” anymore, and I’d like you to consider the following questions—that only YOU have the answers to!
- How will you keep in touch with past clients—differently that you did before?
- How will you connect with real estate agents you have not met before? (Because some of the agents that refer business to you will quit.)
- What will you need to do to restructure your business and work routine to be more efficient?
- Are you willing to use live video chats, video tips, video meetings to communicate in the future?
- How will you “personalize” your email and social media marketing to get people to engage with you on a consistent basis?
- How will the interaction between you, assistants, underwriters and management change?
- What are you willing to do to stay healthy?
- How will this new business model affect your income?
- Are you willing to pay off bills and save more money?
- How will you change the interaction between family and friends—instead of working 80 hours per week?
These questions may take you a while to answer—but the mortgage world that you know now is again changing. The question is—are you willing to adapt to the changes AGAIN?