Are You Hanging Out Online Answering Other Loan Officers’ Questions?
So, I see this all the time…a loan officer asks a mortgage underwriting question, and 27 people rush to answer. Some are correct. Some are wrong. Others are UW overlays.
I’m going to be blunt here—quit answering other loan officers’ questions!
Here are the reasons why:
- Let them learn where to find the guidelines.
- Let them ask the experts within their own company.
- They are usually trying to make a deal work—one that will never see the light of day.
While some loan officers want people to know how smart and brilliant they are by answering guideline and underwriting questions, you’ve got better things to do.
- Lead generation
- Enhancing relationships with real estate agents
- Taking care of your own files
- Following up with past clients
And MAKING MONEY so you don’t become a bag lady!
You don’t make any money spending valuable time helping someone else (who you probably don’t even know) close a loan.